“But in the unlikely story that is America . . . “
I never expected to be here, I always knew this journey was improbable. I’ve never been on a journey that wasn’t.
I am running in this race because of what Dr. King called “the fierce urgency of now.” Because I believe that there’s such a thing as being too late. And that hour is almost upon us.
Democratic National Committee Fall Meeting
Washington, DC | November 30, 2007
– Do you guys believe in, like: change, hope, repair, heal, you know: things?
– In the words of HOSTEL II’s Todd: “Fuck, no.”
– Does the term “Krisenstolz” ring a bell?
– Well, “crisis,” to us, spells like “i-n-t-e-r-n”—and while they’re confused, deranged, and too young we choose them too young, beautiful, and willing. So while they keep messing things up from a professional perspective, they are, aesthetically speaking, great to look at. And in this sense: yes, we are proud of them.
– What else?
– We are suckers for Hoefler & Frere-Jones fonts.
Nashua, NH, USA, January 8, 2008
About this entry
You’re currently reading ““But in the unlikely story that is America . . . “,” an entry on Social Fairy Dust
- July 23, 2008 / 3:23 pm